Saturday, November 29, 2008

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


For my series study I chose to read the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. The first book in this series was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. This book was amazingly written, and I understand why so many readers, young and old, have been so intrigued with it. The story of young Harry Potter finding out he is a soon-to-be-famous wizard and his epic survival of Lord Valdamort is a fantasy novel that keeps you guessing till the end.

I do not want to give away much about this book, but I will say that the wizard game of Quidditch, a game played on broomsticks, was probably one of the most interesting aspects of the story. I found myself wishing I could play this game and looking up information on how “muggles” (non-magic folk) played a version of this game.

I recommend this book for everyone, and if school’s permit, a classroom read. I hope everyone enjoys this tale as Harry Potter struggles to get the Sorcerer’s Stone before the evil dark forces.

No comments: