Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Written by the famous Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go! is a wonderful book that can be applied to anyone's life. I was first given this book after graduating high school, and as I read it I new that the journey ahead was going to be quite adventurous.

This book tells the reader how they will reach dark and troubling times, yet they will succeed as long as they put their mind to it. One of my favorite lines from this book, written in poetic form, states, "And will you succed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed)."

This is a motivated book for readers young and old, and I highly recommend it! As for the illustrations, they are marvelous and colorful. They depict low points in life with dark and gloomy illustrations, but always followed by happier and colorful pictures.

No comments: